My wife and I have been talking about ways to get more production out of the system... really, it's light limited. I mostly have LEDS (those T8 retrofit bulbs are pretty good!), but if I want more light, I'll have to find another cheap source of fixtures. I have a friend that works electrical for the city, so maybe I can snag some fixture when they upgrade from T8 to T5 or to LED... Meanwhile, we're going to research the cost of moving the system to the the garage. We'll need to insulate it pretty well, and we're thinking of adding 2 or 4 solar tubes. I might look at solar power to run the lights in the winter - we only have about 6 hours of light in December.

While we do that, why don't you guys enjoy some pics?!

Room shot

Herb Garden (parsley still gets ravaged by thrips)

Beside the herbs is an NFT system... still trying to figure out how to get the tomatoes to bloom

The near tube never did sprout - a couple different lettuces and echinacea Will try hydroton or lava instead of the rock wool next time

Backside GBs

Baby Bell and Medusa Peppers really like the T8 retrofit LEDS!

Getting some thickness on the celery - more light is the key!

DWC tanks - I really hacked back the tomatoes, which grew way above the lights. Pretty bare, right now.

These guys are feeding the DWC... hopefully, in a year or so, they'll be feeding me, too!! Redclaw Crays!!