I would be happy to share any information on the system that we built. This also goes for programs but I will throughout a disclaimer that I had very little work on that side. We had a very talented programmer named Chris that did it all. I just let him know where there were problems or idea changes. So as for the phone app that will not be perused in the future. One day I might consider making the web based hosting but no plans right now.

This is because I’m still having trouble keeping the basics working as they should. It’s been frustrating, like today, and all I want to do is rip all the electronics out and go mechanical. The two big problems that I keep facing are component failure and the water level sensors not triggering as they should. These sensors tell the pump to turn off… When this happens….

After this first, 4 month ago, incident I moved the pump so if this were to happen again it would only pump out half the water. It happened again a few days ago. The problem with these incidents is that I wasn’t there so I don’t exactly know what happened. It’s really hard to always know the problem because it works under testing… sometimes.

Being in SW Florida I have a lot of humidity and that doesn’t fair well for the electronics. Aside from the pump I’ve replaced everything at least once so far. Some were my fault and others were because the hobbyist electronics we chose just didn’t hold up to the environment.

For the time being I plan to install a bell syphon as a backup and as something to keep the system running in case I need to work on the electronics. When they fail it usually takes a day or two to get it up and going again.

This is the final video we used.