Members

hello from eastern PA

i have been looking for people that know about Aquaponics and my wife found this site for me last night. i am in the research part of the home system and want to see small system designs for home use. i currently have a tiny system (1.5gal, 2 feeder goldfish)setup on my desk at work that is growing lettuce but i would like to do something small to start with at home. i am very interested in using as many recycled items for the design as i can. i am a bit of a tinkerer and scavenger when it comes to home projects.

any assistance will be greatly welcomed, thank you

Re: hello from eastern PA

HELLO AND WELCOME!

Members

I have a ten gallon and am using guppies i have pics under the topic "bedroomponics finally up and running" or something like that in the backyard systems category welcome to the forum

Members

do you have a window that gets alot of light? if you do then put the system there it will make it so your grow light will have some help. The only parts i paid for was 1 pleco, 4 female guppies, 2 males, the seeds, and the pump. i have 40 guppies or more now and am selling them as pets and to feed to pets so i would suggest guppies over goldfish but thats just me lol and a large rubbermaid like a 20-40 gallon works great. and i would suggest getting an airetor or building a venturi but i have only heard about venturi so i have an airetor but if you like to tinker ask around because they look easy but complex lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	2902  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members

welcome to the forum

Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and country where you are located. There might be others in your area.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"