Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Aquaponics in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by green2go
    Does any one know the best (legal in Arizona) tilapia to farm in climate zone 9A (my part of Arizona)?
    Just about any Tilapia will work for that zone. I'm in zone 9b and I have Blue and Nile tilapia alive and it has gotten pretty cold out here. I have an outdoor 700 gallon tank in the ground. The lining is black and it picks up a good bit of heat during the day, but I have never checked to see how much heat it loses at night. The tilapia are alive though!

Members

hi green2go, check with the arizona dept. of fish & game. they can probably help you out.
    find out what is legal to raise then someone can point you in the right direction here as far
    as what to raise. best wishes Big Al

Members

I will have to wait till monday to do that. I know It will take me some time to build up my stock of fish. That will give me the time I need to build my system. I'm looking at building a 5' tall 4' wide 36' long system. With the top and second level (and maybe a third level) as grow beds and a 1-2' deep trench and 6" - 1' above ground as a pond/tank under the unit. I have old working pool pumps. All I wil have to buy is the PVC and the plastice liner for the tank and beds. I will post photo's as I go.
    You are what you eat..... You are also what you think...... so feed your body and your mind.