Quote Originally Posted by badflash
What will you breed?
hopefully talapia,everything else will be on it's own. i've decided to construct a 5x10x4-5' pond out of block and board insulation with a pool liner in the green house built partially into the ground . this one will be unheated outside of the heat in the greenhouse. i figure either catfish or yellow perch. i am picking up a 12vdc aerator tomorrow for my trip to wappingers falls n.y. the talapia will be in another building i have planned in another location. but i figure on a three hundred gallon pool in the basement for the fingerlings from december to first of may ,and then on to the big pool from may to october,less heating during the warmer months. once i'm grown out i have a month or so to start the operation up in the house again. somehow i'm going to have the water in the three tanks in the house(two fifties and the seventy five) circulating the same water so when i move the females there will be no shock there,also this will be an aquaponics operation , the basement pool will only be fish and bio-filter with air and the big tank will be aquaponics also.my my twisted way of thinking is starting to straighten out and with a little help from others i can see this a little straighter