I have about 6-7 bins ALL different, the one that produced the biggest worms plus many breeders was a 50 gallon metal lawn roller (old and worn out) so I mounted it in the ground outside and cut a door in it. This was then filled half full with organic food waste from a local family that juices. I get 15 gallons of the stuff each week given to me on volunteer basis. These people are richer than I but WANT me to teach them and keep up the drive to teach the public about soil qualities and how we are killing people by producing LOW qaulity foods and pumping antibiotics and hormones into the meat. I pick my battles and this is one of them I will DIE for to win...and I am dead serious

there are 3 to 5K worms in the world and not all worms eat or live the same way, it depends and where you get them from matters too, domestic? Imported? red worms? Or are they from some other country? Our are from 4 miles down the road off a free range farm with cattle and chickens that are feed range and eat natural foods. So I am sure these tiger worms react as they would down the road see? So I remember that when I propagate them. Most of my reading comes from OLD books not facebook Worms need moisture to breath through the skin but they do not need it so wet it causes anaerobic states. The auto harvest flow through bin in my shop has millions of worms and no smell, no water drips out the bottom of the metal screen on bottom and almost zero fruit flies. Yet you pry back top 1/2 inch and WOW look at them go!

Got a call from a large "bulb and blossom" club to speak NOV 9 (get paid too) and I taught 18 people in a special class on worm bins last winter. People are hungry for the facts and the "truth" what is going into the foods and soil. Well thank God I found a farmer near by and we are now pushing TEA and CASTINGS as the sources plus modified tractor euipment to disperese tea as we pass by the crop with low cut chisel plow (he is master at building things). Funny we are not always same page on politics but when it comes to working together on some fresh ideas and goals we can NOT be taken apart and I love this guy's attitude. See we can ALL get along and make progress as long as we respect and do not put each other down, it works I know trust me it CAN BE DONE