Members

Otay, Garland - Texas

Hello
    Yes I'm real, dont have a current active system. I am currently in the design phase of my third system with a Greenhouse. Hopefully it will supply my entire family needs of vegtables and fish when done.
    There, hopefully this "fulfills the requirement" of posting, cause till I am finished with all my research, and design, I will not be able to contribute an honest opinion, or information worthy of a post about most of the topics. Or even ask inteligent questions on topic.
    A simple barrel ponics ran for one full growth cycle with zero problems, I fed the gold fish, they grew plants produced perfect .... not a single thing to say about it cept it was perfect. Same for system 2, a IBC system with 2 small add on grow beds - it too was perfect.... from Day one not a problem anywhere with any system .... Great for me but it gives me Zero expierence or knowledge. It was a "fiasco" to learn by ... to date i never tested any water, added anything ... simplely planted and feed .... I considered both total learning failures (great success at the veges tho) ... what will I do when I get the full system running and I encounter "problems" I wont know shit and still dont.
    I am told not to worry that my designs were both perfect and never a failure of any equipment helped, that my first locations and time of use with weather .... perfect so I was lucky. being a semi-retired engineer my wife says I over design anyways.

Any who here is the post they wanted - sorry but till I feel I can speak with knowledge and understanding I won't post much

LFCummins
    LFCummins
    Garland, Texas

Re: Otay, Garland - Texas

Hi LFCummins...welcome to the forum... Thanks for making a post.

That 'mean old admin guy' must be poking people with his stick again...

Wow.....lot's of people, that know alot ...'wish' they were as lucky as you've been We really would like to see some pictures from you. The green houses would be a 'great' starting place.....share some ideas, of what you'd like to try...(?) It's all good !

Looking forward to hearing from you again and maybe even seeing a few pictures !...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Welcome! Lots of Texans showing up lately.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    Hi LFCummins...welcome to the forum... Thanks for making a post.

That 'mean old admin guy' must be poking people with his stick again...

Wow.....lot's of people, that know alot ...'wish' they were as lucky as you've been We really would like to see some pictures from you. The green houses would be a 'great' starting place.....share some ideas, of what you'd like to try...(?) It's all good !

Looking forward to hearing from you again and maybe even seeing a few pictures !...

Got a Video camera, never used one. Wife is looking for a still camera. Basicly I will track my project on the family website, which we recently have converted from following my youngest son - he was in the Army stationed in Mosuel, Iraq for 14 months. We decided to call it "My Aquaponics Garden". You can check out this DIY project in its full progression if things go smoothly at
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resy4t1w/index.html
    LFCummins
    Garland, Texas

It's great that you have your own personal website, however your link is going to get lost in the rush of other post and most will never see it...it would facilitate other people following your progress if you started a new post under backyard on the forum.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"