Cannabis sativa L. subsp. sativa var. sativa is the variety grown for industrial use, while C. sativa subsp. indica is primarily used for production of recreational and medicinal drugs.

The major difference between the two types of plants is the appearance and the amount of ?9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) secreted in a resinous mixture by epidermal hairs called glandular trichomes, although they can also be distinguished genetically.

Strains of Cannabis approved for industrial hemp production produce only minute amounts of this psychoactive drug, not enough for any physical or psychological effects. Typically, hemp contains below 0.3% THC, while Cannabis grown for marijuana can contain anywhere from 6 to over 20%.

In modern times, hemp has been used for industrial purposes including paper, textiles, biodegradable plastics, construction, health food and fuel with great success and less expensive to raise than any other agriculture crop.

In the past three years, commercial success of hemp food products has grown considerably.

Hemp is one of the faster growing bio-masses known to man, producing up to 25 tons of dry matter per acre per year, and one of the earliest domesticated plants known. For a crop, hemp is very environmentally friendly as it requires few pesticides and no herbicides.

Industrial hemp is produced in many countries around the world. Major producers include Canada, France, and China.

While more hemp is exported to the United States than to any other country, the United States Government does not consistently distinguish between marijuana and the non-psychoactive Cannabis used for industrial and commercial purposes. I'm up for it if anyone out there is interested in starting a movement to bring about a change in the law forbidding the agriculture of commercial hemp.

As for why nothing is being done in the US about anything....the open borders, Obama and his Mafia's antics, amnesty for illegal aliens and on and on...miss-direction and clouding the water. One minute it's the oil spill then it's Obama's effort to solve the problems between the Israelis and the Palestinians (which is none of our business as far as I am concerned), then it's some other bull manure....anything to keep our attention away from what is actually going on behind the scenes...like the new finance bill they just rammed through giving the Federal Reserve more power over the American people's money.

For one thing, the men of America that really care about this country are dying on foreign soil every day! It's an all voluntary military...I say it's time to reinstate the draft and get the dead beat young people off the streets and teach the some ethics and patriotism and how to keep their pants up around their waist where they belong!

Do you think those idiots walking the streets with their pants down below their ass are concerned about America; or those deadbeats that are on welfare; that were raised on welfare; that are raising another generation of welfare recipients that have never worked a day in their lives, do you think they care?

And those on unemployment aren't much better...I tried for 3 months to hire 5 people to work for my Public Insurance Adjusting Firm and interviewed over 70 people, a large number of whom were receiving unemployment benefits and couldn't get a single person to go to work at a job where they could start off earning well over $60k per year.

It's sad to say but Americans now days aren't the kind of people I knew 30 years ago.

I'm serious about the Hemp movement....anyone....?