Quote Originally Posted by badflash
I use Zeigler's. It is very good and less expensive than what is quoted above. I use Finfish Silver 3mm floating pellets and it does not cause cloudy water like Purina does. You have to watch the ingredients closely. Beleive it or not, they are allowed to use chicken feathers and count it as protein, even though it is not digestible. Got to watch those fillers.

Anyway, if you have a local feed store, ask them if they are a member of the Cooperative Feed Dealers (USA) - 800-333-0895 ext. 314. They don't stock it, but they order it and there is no charge for shipping. I just pick it up when they call me. Last order was $40 for a 44# bag. You can crush it for fry.

http://www.co-opfeed.com/pdf/FishPondSupplies.pdf
Hey Badflash,

I'm new here, in fact I found this forum in a Google search about tilapia feed. You said above that you use Zeigler's feed and then you warned "You have to watch the ingredients closely. Believe it or not, they are allowed to use chicken feathers and count it as protein, even though it is not digestible. Got to watch those fillers." Looking at the link you gave above to Zeigler's fish food, the ingredient list shows "Hydrolyzed Feather Meal." Isn't that what you were warning us about?

Doc