Great post..I actually commented a few days on youtube regards to your green house setup.
You are a thinker and that is cool, new idea's are always worth exploring.

By the way does your turtle get to walk around free like a cat?
omg he is as big as a VW..

I am use the looped rubber hose siphon method in my hydroponic. It works great for me so far and what i like is the ease of how I can lower or raise the level in the system simply by lifting the hose UP or LOWERING it which then change the fill and drain level. It is Ebb and Flow but I am using a flexible rubber hose instead of the fixed pvc "over flow stack" pipe design.
Will be making a video for explanation of that soon.

I just took step daughter to doctor for health issues then we went out for lunch after that and guess what we talked about at the table? We talked about "being responsible for what we eat. I quit smoking (after 35 years of it) and it changed my life for the better, now I know that anyone can change the way they eat because giving up a smoking addiction was not totally easy "but" with some good support it was doable and I did it and I won. Now I preach healthy eating and as a reformed smoker that was diagnosed at age 49 with mild copd from years of bad choices I know change is not impossible. Eating the wrong foods is no different than someone that smoked knowing it was bad for them. Good news is we ALL have a chance while we are here to go a better route and that includes what we eat and drink. We all know what is good or bad for us because the education has been out there a long time.

There I did my sermon...next!