Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
You can 'split' the out flow from the pump. One line going to the fish tank, the other for a small fountain spraying in the sump.

OR, you can just adjust the height that the pump is going to need to pump up to the GBs ......
Quote Originally Posted by dwaller
I found a 3 gallon aquarium in my garage with a pump that pulls roughly 30gph at 0" head and drops to nothing at 3" head.
..... as in 'head' so that you lower the head flow pressure by raising the GBs i.e. let's say you get a pump that will pump 30 GPH @ 0 ft, and maybe it will pump 20 GPH @ 4 or 5 ft., so at what height level will it pump 10 GPH ? ..... that's what I was thinking - by raising the height level it has to pump, it pumps less GPH, right? .... but I do like the idea of splitting the flow too! Take a look at the pond pumps at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware ..... they usually come with specs that will tell you how many GPH at what height ..... don't be afraid to open up a box, or slit the tape or plastic package to get at the paperwork, if it needs to be taped back together, they can do that, but if the info is hidden from the buyer, that's just wrong ........ you don't want to buy a pig in a poke either !