OK, here's what I saw and I looked at this video quite a few times to make sure I understood as much as possible of what I was seeing. Just mentioning here where they fell short in what they had and how it should have been in a true aquaponics system. First off:-

1) Not enough fish. Duh!
2) The "Clarifier" as she called it is actually the sump (that's where the poo and other physical materials collect for removal.)
3) No slow drain in the FT going to the sump (clarifier) to remove the solids from the bottom of the FT
4) Not nearly enough grow bed
5) No mention of the addition of minerals etc.

And finally, the thing that most of you mentioned something about but never hit real hard:-

6) The bio-filter "as she describes it", where the ammonia is turned to nitrites and the nitrites are turned to nitrates (as she describes) is fed by the grow beds. What's up with that? The bio-filter should be between the sump (clarifier) and the grow beds, otherwise all the nitrates are returned to the FT and your plants are not going to be able to remove them before the water is returned to the FT.

And you're right Jackalope, she does have ugly hair (thinks she black or wishes she was)! A little lighter fluid and a match could "CLARIFY" that right up.
Oh yes David, there was an air manifold up at the head of the GBs by the FT.

They had a total of 4 students working on this project and apparently none of them did their homework before setting up the system. It's sad that Universities have the money to spend on such projects but don't do their research to determine if what they are teaching the students is factual and correct. They have left it to the students in a hit or miss situation in hopes they just might figure it out themselves.

OK, so did I miss anything?