Depends on condition of the fish...and what your goal is. All the pics I saw above, the fish are way to small to even think about breeding.

I prefer to breed mine about 82-84 degrees to answer your question. Now, let's look at the context here as I am sure someone is gonna flame me.

I don't breed during the winter...if they do, it's on them, but I don't push it. I use the winter, fall, and early spring to fatten them up, and grow what fingerlings I had left from summer.

The bigger they are, and the better condition the larger and stronger the spawns. 5 fry in a spawning take as much work as a 100. And I am lazy, so I am not about to dick around with 5 fry.

So, to my point. Winter is "off" time for them. Eat, get fat and be happy. Come late spring usually about End of April/Mayish I start looking to move them back outdoors. And I breed the crap out them till end of summer. Then cull heavily and what is suitable for breeding is retained, the rest is freezer, smoker, or table bound. If too small to eat, but clearly a cull, they become catfish and bass food throughout the year.

My Tilipia, and most my aquatics work like a farm. It's about production/yields. Everything must produce, or it goes away. "Put out, or get out" I have not the time, nor the patience or space for free loading.

What works for me, doesn't work for everyone. What I do is what I do....for me.
I have been flamed for walking to my own beat before, and quite frankly don't care. No one has yet to show me a better way of doing it, and so this is what I do. It doesn't mean you have to do it this way, or anyone else.

Now with that said I am always trying to push the limits. This year I am expanding once again. Mostly as I have found a demand amongst friends and coworkers for my jerky. And therefore need more supply from my ponds. So even though this is the end of Dec....I am building again. I am in the process of fighting with 4 more 55 gallon barrels now that don't seem to want to cooperate. Cut in half these will/should yield 8 more GB.

Now. Most people run their system for a combination of greens and meat. Reality is, for me anyway....meat costs more than greens. So the greens are an after thought. They are necessary as they remove the nitrates/nitrites in the cycle. But none the less, an after thought. I treat the grow beds as filters and concentrate on poly culture production.

Example. I grow freshwater Malaysian prawns. These can go for $20/lb. And achieve market size in 4 months. Lettuce doesn't come close per price per lb. In the same water/system I can grow channel catfish, and tilapia. So in the same system, from the "meat category" I have 3 types of product. Hope that helps clarify.