Quote Originally Posted by stucco
We spoke to the red claw folks today. They told us that all sales in Florida or to Florida residents requires an aquaculture permit, which may count us out as our site is 50 feet over the line of the flood zone .
Sorry to hear that Stucco.
The city I live in sits besides a large lake. I'm about 7 streets away, but I wasn't required to buy 'flood' insurance. (by my mortgage lender)
Before all the flood control canals were put in...I understand the lake front was like 2 streets away..

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope
When we got destroyed in a flood in WA state, we lived in a so-called 500 year flood plain (it floods every 500 years) we checked back and found out that it flooded every 10 to 15 years for the last 40 years or so ..... but since it was in a 500 year flood plain, the sellers didn't have to tell us about the 3 floods in the past 40 years ...... life is wunnaful!!
Jackalope....After reading about your 500 year flood plane....it makes me wonder how 'close' I am to the flood zone ?

I was considering getting a permit also.......Hmmmmm...

I went on line and found a way to check on flood areas ......(hope the link works)
http://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... rs/Renters

Looks like the 'flood zone' is one street away for me.....