My wife and I recently purchased about 13 acres of land, so I will use this for the basis of my answers. Also, I am in South-central Nebraska.

1) How important is the location of the Com/AP sys. geographically relative to success?
Location can definitely plays a major role in operations. This will influence everything from plants grown to how the structures are built. It will also be a factor in prices (labor, market price, utilities, taxes, etc). We received a good deal on the land, so this is where we are at.

2) What style of greenhouse is best suited for a truly large Com/AP sys.?
Initially we will be building hoop houses. I am sure that there are better ways to do it. I made this decision based on cost, construction time, I can build it myself, and there are other commercial growers in our area that have success with these. Also, a building permit is not needed because it can be considered a temporary structure.

3) What sort of heating/cooling system to be used?
My initial thoughts are to use a combination solar/wood fired hydronic system that will heat the ground. Cooling will be done by ventilation and evaporative cooling.

4) Where do you house the fish...inside/outside or a combination of both?
The fish will be housed inside. I am thinking of putting them on the north end of the greenlhouses.

5) What fish/crustaceans do you raise?
I plan to start with koi and perch. I am concerned with maintaining a proper temp for warmer water fish. If possible, I would like to add freshwater prawns. Even if it is just a seasonal product.

6) What veggie/s to grow to produce the most profit?
I am leaning toward herbs and greens to start.

7) How do you market your products?
There are a few options that I am considering: farmers markets, stores, and csa.

8) Do you shift crops for winter/summer?
Yes. Definitely have to plant to maximize the changing seasons. The system could be modular and sized for the seasons (output = more for warmer, less for colder).

9) How much capitol is needed for an initial start up?
Still finalizing design and calculating. May have to take my shoes off. This could be more than $10.

10) What time frame from start up to first product/s ready for sale?
Possibly 3 months.

11) How many persons needed to accomplish success?
I am not exactly sure. I am planning to ease into it, building as I have cash. The labor will be added as needed.