As I keep watching the fish I have found they act like children. Give them the good stuff and they ignore the veggies. My routine was to collect water samples to test and then as I finished the test and waited for my 5 minutes to evaluate I would feed the fish and then treat the water after assessing the test results. Then I read about this duckweed stuff and thought I should try to do this, so after feeding my normal feed I added some duckweed. They all came up to look but no one was really interested. I was having trouble with the growth part so I didn't have much and each time I fed I got the same response. I am still working on getting that silly plant to propagate as fast as they say it does so I can expand in production size (try small-loose small). The other day while going round 2 with the duckweed, I changed my routine. I took my water samples but before beginning the test portion I put a forkful of duckweed in the tank. Well what do you know, they will eat their veggies if served before the main course. Every time I've done this they are eating more and more. I did notice though they tend to eat all the roots and leave some of the leaves. This raised a couple of questions for you, my learned teachers. Is it a matter of size that they are not devouring the leaves? If they are only eating the roots, can I return the leaf to the duckweed tank to re-root (like the potato piece on toothpicks over the jar of water experiment in 5th grade)? Currently I remove any leftovers before I do anything the next day and just toss it.