Quote Originally Posted by badflash
Those pools will need a little more support on the bottom. Once you put water and media in them they will sag any place there is overhang.

Another note on the rain water. You need to harden that water before adding it to your system. I assume you are growing tilapia. If not check the hardness and pH requirements. Rain water is essentially distilled and has nearly no minerals. One member lost a hge number of fish by adding straight rain water.
Thanks for the tips. Yeah I will be using some plywood underneath the pools to reinforce the bottoms so they do not sag. I was not planning on using rainwater I was going to use a tank i was building for rainwater as a fish tank but it turned out to be to big for that spot hence I am building the ferro cement tank. I have irrigation water but am afraid to use that too no telling what is in it from the farms up stream. So will bite the bullet and use tap water and let the chlorine dissipate. Yes I will be raising Tilapia for starters. Want to try my hand at trout eventually too just cause I like to eat trout and also cause everyone says its to hard . However I read somewhere that trout are the most popular fish for AP with the Ozzies.

Appreciate all the feed back though!