Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My design

Re: My design

Looking very solid now. Should not have a sag issue now either, with the braces underneath the growbed supports. What I meant about sliding the fishtank out to clean, I was meaning emptying it, or at least almost empty. Depending on your fish and efficiency of your system, you may never need to clean it. But having the option is kinda nice.

If you used 4x4 post instead of 2x4, and since you have braced underneath the growbed supports, you might be able to get away with three growbeds. No use in wasting all that precious real estate there in the middle.

We look forward to some pictures or video of your progress.
    Trust God, after all, only He knows what He is doing.

Random Thoughts: There is some truth in every newspaper and magazine, you just need to know where to look....
    For instance: The name, price, date, and page numbers are usually always true!

Members

I'm not even sure why 4x4 posts didn't even cross my mind lol. And this is why I joined this forum, so I can learn more about it and have people give me things I didn't even think about. As for adding another grow bed, I guess I never really wanted to because I was thinking I'd let some sunlight go into the fish tank since the fish need some too. I mean I guess it could sneak in through the sides, but that's why I hadn't added one or just a big solid one across.

The fish don't require much light, Keeping the light out of your fish tank is more important. It keeps the algea from growing.
    Remember algea adds oxygen durring the daylight and uses it at night. In the summer, your water is warm, you'll have less oxygen in the water.

One big bed...your FT water will go up and down more, all the time.

Lots of things you can do...I started with a basic set up and kept adding...

Long sides are 2 boards laminated and screwed for strength

Note the braces at the end of the rack.( both ends) It supports the sides of the tub.

Tub in the middle is a 'raft'...each end is a media with a bell

Added towers here

Adding nft

Added bird netting to keep squirels out, and a shallow side tub for a raft, in which I started my lettuces. It's now full of river rock with water flowing through and water cress growing in it

Decisions, decisions.... ....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

any updates?
    Trust God, after all, only He knows what He is doing.

Random Thoughts: There is some truth in every newspaper and magazine, you just need to know where to look....
    For instance: The name, price, date, and page numbers are usually always true!