I will not have the ap system running in the greenhouse this winter. My thought was to have two sets of fish for winter and summer. I would use a solar heater for the water in the winter to allow me to get the tilapia out in march/april and grow out until end of november. Bring larger brood stock into garage system for breeding and maybe a hot finishing tank for the ones to slaughter. I would then move my catfish/bluegill from my outdoor ponds to the greenhouse and keep only greens growing as long as possible. I did not want to heat the greenhouse, but just extend our growing season in there. Too much $$$ to heat it. Any thoughts or ideas? I am learning that there is a learning curve to ap and sometimes you just have experiment as each situation is different.

The fish tanks aren't set up yet. My plan was to have a sump tank (about 7x7x3) sunk into the ground with a deck built over it with 4 IBC totes (possibly) to use as fish tanks in different stages of growth or varieties. Right now I have a free 300 gallon cone shaped tank and stand and 55 gallon drums to use. I was hoping to invest my tax returns if we have any this spring into plumbing and tanks. This is a debt free project that I build as I can afford. This winter, I am planning on getting the rain gutters/water storage system set up and power run out there.

Thanks, for the "living the dream" comments, but sometimes it seems more like "slave to the dream" or "living the workin' my butt off" LOL