Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Members

Update

My friend Gerrie and I welded the frame 95% finished last week. We made a few finishing touches on Saturday.

A little paint makes everything look pretty.

Well the tank is in position with the support frame surrounding it and has been on test since Saturday.

I'm very grateful there are no leaks.

This tank is part of the mass conversion of my system to a CHOP system.

Re: Phalaborwa Aquaponics

Hi Biggles...
    Thats a big tank.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Hi David,

Yes it's 1mx2mx1m high. I've got plans to build a few of them and use my current 5000L tank which is already sunk in the ground as a sump. Basically my plan is to oversize my system relative to the number of fish so only 50 to 100 fish will be transferred to this tank. Some fish are big at around 400mm long. Not really sure how to catch them just yet. But the plan is to have at least seven of these tanks. I'm seriously thinking of building a grow bed to fit on top to make better utilisation of the area, but proper concrete slabs extra will need to be build first.

Members

Got the new grow bed in position. It's all painted and pretty, but I ran out of stone to fill it up.

Some last views of the whole system before it gets move. Unfortunately it means a lot of civil's work so it might not just happen yet. In the mean time I've still got a whole bunch of fish tanks to finish and a lot more grow beds.

Members

Hi Biggles

I'm down in Amanzimtoti and I've been following your posts. I like the systems you've been making for yourself and its given me some ideas for a system I'd like to start up with an old Intex pool. Any news/updates on your renovations?

Cheers,

D

Members

Hi D,

There have been a stack. I've been a bit involved with continuous improvement projects as work so I haven't had that much time available on the net to post stuff. Will update ASAP.

PS If you can sink that Intex pool in the ground and make it safe from kids etc, it'll really help.

Cheers

Biggles

Members

hey Biggles,

I'm also from phalaborwa and has recently started taking an interest in aquaponics and fishfarming ... i would love to have some more updates on your project ... and also in which river you found the duckweed

Stratos