Quote Originally Posted by Paratrygon
Thanks Jackalope. If you build a pond like this then you might as well get into rays yourself

Not for me ....... I just want big pond/tanks for breeding and raising Tilapia ...... in the Spring and Summer, I will be doing Aquaponics, Winter, I'll just be doing good to keep the fish alive .... as a matter of fact, I'll have to keep my breeders in the house to be sure they survive if the lights go out for any length of time in the Saloon, which is where I am gearing up to create a "fish room" that I can keep heated during the winter (I hope). It's got no windows, and the door has light showing around the bottom and top, so I've got a lot of weatherstripping to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Paratrygon
I plan on using Pond Armor from Pondarmor.com to line the inside of my pond.
I'll check that out, and if they give their OK, I'll add them to our list in the FAQ's Thanks!

Some questions about your pond pic ...... is that strap iron you're using around the tank? it looks to be about 2" x 1/4" and I think you're using pine 1x8" boards ..... probably also using 3/4" plywood too ...... am I correct in these assumptions? Thanks