I went to school for agriculture and have education in both organic and conventional farming techniques. It's funny that there is a sector within agriculture that essentially cannot be totally organic without opening a whole new market to feed that sector. Hoping someone soon will take that plunge. While looking online...I found a link to an article that states that there is a farm in Maine that grows fish for aquaponics organically. So...I called them He told me that the article is misleading. The farm grew duckweed which they had certified organic that they then used as feed for trout. Too bad I can't grow enough duckweed to use as main feed source.

A few days ago I dipped my finger in the duckweed bucket....few plantlets stuck to my finger...I then dipped it into the glofish tank....hiding amongst the fernlike plant that is in the tank...i see a whole bunch of duckweed :GRIN:

Does duckweed require water movement or airation?...i'm thinking about putting a whole bunch in the tank so it takes hold for when the tilapia get here....