I enjoyed reading the post on this site. I'm a retired former owner of a Koi farm. I raised tilapia in a couple pools with some channel catfish I got from a place in Leesburg Florida. I don't know what variety the tilapia were as one of my customers brought me a dozen from a pond on his farm. They could and did survive the winters in central Florida in above ground pools without any heat. I sold the farm 10 years ago and now I am living in peaceful little town in small house and property. I have/am building and aquaponics system the FT is 2600 gallons with two 16' grow beds holding 450 gallons. I purchased a hundred tilapia on June the 6th, they were just an inch in length. They are now 5 to 8 inches and the males are setting up the territories. I thought they were Nile Tilapia but they don't exactly look like those pictured above. Their growth has been a real surprise until a week ago I kept them in a 3,000 gallon swimming pool and fed them 6 times a day, most the males turn an almost white with a lot of red spots in the fins when a female approaches them. Their color returns to a gray when the female leaves. I've looked at some of the Blue Tilapia on Youtube and they don't look like those either. I would like to know what I have if possible perhaps their a hybrid. Thanks