Quote Originally Posted by Bioritize
Very much looking forward to your results. I have a hood and HPS 600 watt bulb from a buddy of mine he left at my place when he was moving.

I just went out and bought a 1000 watt dimmable ballast from my local hydro shop. It was about $300 but I can use any bulb I can get my hands on and it will also be enough to handle a larger system when I build that one. I would have gone with the Fluorescent if I had not already had the hood and bulb.

Thanks guys for the advice.

My plans are to go bigger and bigger, there is only 1 fish farm in my state that I know of. So, may be the right time for this idea in my city large scale.

Take care,
It sounds like money is no object for you! That's great for a hobby. The thing about fluorescent bulbs is they don't waste a lot of energy as heat. This translates to savings on the electric bill (is some cases massive savings). In a commercial situation it's best to use fluorescent bulbs. Japan has large indoor hydroponic farms that supply vast amounts of food and they exclusively use fluorescent bulbs (however I have heard they were developing some cost-effective LED grow lighs but the research was not done yet).