welcom to our forum.

you will be using 8-10 gals of water total from your fish tank if both grow beds are filled at the same time. why are you not filling the fish tank all the way? on a system that size i would be more concerned with temperature fluctuations if they aren't in a controlled enviorment. remember the goldfish grow very rapidly if fed and cared for properly. in my green house i have two 90gal tanks with 10 half-grown goldfish in each one and they mainatain the nitrates at about 80ppm they supply 4x4x6" grow beds with a mat system. one set-up serves to feed 3 good size producting tomato plants plus some odds and ends and the other is covered with sweet potato vines two potted chili plants, and i'm not sure what else.

i do not have a reservoir or sump on my systems. i have a 600gal pond with four 100gal grow beds that use a Bell Siphon to drain and fill, one of my 120gal grow beds is on an irrigation system, one 120gal raft tank system and 4 small flood trays. the water some times is more than two-thirds empty in the pond when filling the different grow beds. then it dumps, each 100gal bell siphon grow bed probably has 50 gals of water in it. i have about 200 goldfish in the pond and they haven't filed any complaints, except for never getting enough food.

i think it does wonders for the aeration of the water.