Correct, we do not want to sterilize our aquaponics systems! The use of hydrogen peroxide in aquaponics would be identical to the use of it in traditional hydroponics in that we would try to control the growth and reproduction of undesirable microorganisms. In one case this could be Algae in another case it could be Columnaris (Flavobacterium columnare). The HOW of it depends on many factors, but mainly the effective dosage required. I posted the ecotoxicology information as a reference point to understand the implications and applications of hydrogen peroxide in AP systems. Given the wide range of uses for hydrogen peroxide and the fact is has been approved for use in commercial aquaculture, there are really an unlimited number of uses for it in AP systems, whether it is dosed in the main system components or in accessory components (nursing tank, off taste removal tank), etc. I believe we are only limited by our imagination, creativity, and our confidence in science.

Quote Originally Posted by I Ching (223 BC)
Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos. Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish to the crowd.