Hey Aquaponicers.

I've been doing my best to find answers in the forum and I've learned a lot in the process, but I think I've arrived at the point where input from experienced users is what I need.

I'd like to convert a 10 gallon FT into a miniature aquaponics system. I have no ambitions (or delusions) of having this system produce fish for consumption but I thought it would be a great opportunity to try my hand at aquaponics and maybe get some sweet vegetables out of the experience.

I'm located in central Illinois and plan on keeping this system near a window indoors.

So, my questions begin:
  • Can a 10 gallon FT be used to support GBs that are of proportionately small size?[/*:m:3nztx7a4]
  • How important is it to maintain a clutter-free FT? (How close could I get to this without compromising the integrity of the system?[/*:m:3nztx7a4]
  • In a similar vein, could I stock my FT with an assortment of critters? As I'm planning on placing the system in a central area of the apartment, it would be nice if I could make it aesthetically pleasing.[/*:m:3nztx7a4]

Thanks in advance!