Hi all, I guess I am back for a while...

As some of you may remember I live in Riverside California, Zone 10-11
Last year I set up a 400 tub tank in my aviary but it was a bust because I just could not afford to properly heat the thing and still make Tilapia a reasonable option, Thus I lost most of what was in that tank over the winter and resorted to smaller tanks, tubs that were easier to heat, but the problem there is that the fish are stunted and do not really get large enough to harvest unless I only have a very few in the tanks...
So this year I bought some channel and mud catfish and some bluegill for that tub and a 900 gal pool. But I still want to raise tilapia due to their easy reproduction vs the other species.

Thus I am considering building an insulated wood tank (or two) for the aviary building and greenhouse for raising tilapia during the winter months. I have seen various plans online for wooden tanks, so I know it can be done, and I will not plan for a front glass but rather an observation port in the top of the tank in front of the grow bed that will be situated on the top of the tank, This will be in the access door to facilitate removal of dead fish, harvesting fish, removing any fry, etc. I plan on having a fry tub on either end inside the primary tank which will actually be an area that is seperated by screen so that the fry can enter and eventually be unable to leave as they grow.

I have a source of recycled styrene sheets for the insulation between the inner tank and the outer enclosure (that will just look like a wooden storage chest).
Anyone do anything like this?
I