I am on self-imposed light duty today because on this day 65 years ago in North Dakota was my birthday. The next day July 16, 1945 the first atomic bomb test was performed. I think of it as my birthday celebration firecracker.
A short while back on our farm property here in Maple Valley, Washington I began building a greenhouse. The ground area has been prepared for 23 feet wide by 32 feet long. The perimeter base lumber installed just yesterday. A sump hole is dug in one corner which will hold about 430 gallons. The hoop style greenhouse will enclose my aquaponics system -CHIFT-PIST. But since I am the general contractor on a limited budget it will be some while building.
Numerous occupations in my life including plumbers apprentice
fisherman, upholsterer, perfumer, group home parent, real estate and life insurance sales, pet casket builder, and entrapreneur of framed art, i figured "why not Aquaponics"
Seriously, the volume of information available is growing like bacteria in a gravel bed. YouTube has over 1600 movies, Australians love yabbies, going vertical are high tech automated revolving devices remindful of the carpet displays in a Home Depot or a college student with an aquarium and grow bed in the dorm room. One doctoral thesis says aquaponics is most complicated best left to chemists with an air pump, fifty sensor probes and 50 computerized graph lines on a satelite upfeed for world wide distribution. Another has succeeded at growing with a used 2 watt pump, one half a wine barrel, and some store bought guppies.
Those who share the middle ground advenure are us.
Enjoy your day,
Oldandfound1