Hello JeffW
This is too funny, my first riverbed system was actually loosly designed after yours!
The 2 trays are about 3 inches deep that I used and 2x2ft square!I staggered the inlet and the outlet so that I could get the flow correct. I moved it outside but the table I had it on began to sag with the weight so currently it is taken down, but I do plan on getting it going again this spring as it did so well for me. Just not sure where.
You have peas in yours, how did they end up doing??? I put peas in my eb and flow but they dont do well, but I am currently having a big aphid problem right now in the little greenhouse. We are starting to see lady bugs so every time I find one I put it in there, I saw a ladybug nymph on one of my lettuces munching away so it is good to know that there is at least one of them in there....
I bought this package that was supposed to be a pheramone that repels aphids but I think it is working as an aphrodesiac!!!
Sorry for my spelling...
I also had white fly get started in there but I think I got the buggers with a little tanglefoot and some yellow paper...
Anyone have any other ideas to get rid of aphids that wont kill my fish???
I am putting together a barrel unit using 2 barrels and autosiphons instead of the flusher one added. So far I have one half put up and have to build the frame for the other half, just not up to it right now. So it will have to wait. But at least the half that is up is planted. I have the fishtank barrel on it's side, do you think it will do better if I bury it??? I was just thinking of putting some plywood around it to keep the sun off...and trailing some plants over the sides to give added shade.
Sheryl