OK. I finally got time to get back to the big FT ..... I put the liner in it today (now I gotta take some more pics), I'm going to buy a 3000GPH sump pump to run the water .... it will change the water at about 950GPH because of the 3/4" discharge adapter that it comes with ...... when I figure out how I want to connect both the large tank and the small pool, that will be about 750 Gal, so then I'll increase the GPH by going to the 1 1/4" discharge and then it will be closer to 4 water changes per hour.
I've got the small swimming pool ready to go for the Mossies except that it gets too warm, 100F, I don't have the Do-re-me for a thermal controller, so I'm going to try to keep the temps more constant with a timer ..... it got up to a little over 100F with that bucket heater, so I'm going to try 6 hours on, and six hours off, then I'll taper off or add to from there. It's a 250 Gallon pool, and a 1000 watt heater ...... if anyone has any advice on a better hours on/hours off cycle, please don't hesitate to let me know ..... this is going to be a practice shot for my big tank which will have my Blues in it.