This is awesome to see!

Those pictures above of the "Eisenia Fetida" worms tell me they are tiger worms and also surface dwellers which is why they can deal with shall beds. Many worms can not survive that type of condition although I claim to be no expert I know the tigers would, it makes sense. They thrive in nasty toxic conditions and the nastier the better. Case in point we found millions of them last summer in a huge pile of decomposing animal mortality (farm animal mortality) along with mix of horse/cow crap mixed into one 30x30 foot pile. It was stinking but omg the worms were all over, even 2-3 feet up on the hay poop piles. We had boots and a pitch fork so we harvested as many as we could haul to the totes in the S-10. Ok so it sounds bad but now I have thousands of worms all tucked into my bins on 2 locations in the county, and in my shop sits a 50 gallon drum full of compost and corn meal.

Those worms sell average $25 for 1 pound (1.000 K). This is a great thread because it shows the food cycle is sustainable. Worms are amazing anyway as we just found thousands of babies hatching from the cocoons in sub-freezing weather last week in the middle of winter. They were 2 inches below surface of last years old fall leaves. Fact is my hands were so cold it hurt to not have a glove on yet..babies were just as happy as could be. Took photos and quit as I was so cold.

Worms in Aquaponics makes sense now more than ever. Yep this is awesome not many post out there showing nor discussing this depth of the 2 subjects (worms and aquapoincs) No I have not seen anything quite like this.

This particular thread is should be discussed more your ahead of the pack peeps.!