Quote Originally Posted by Apollo
"Not entirely sure how food grade safe the tote is I would be using for the FT area anyways." IBS food grade totes are the same ones that I use in my Rain Barrel System and what others are using for the AP set up here.
Hey Apollo thanks for the input. I was just saying the 29 gallon tote I have now that I was going to use for the FT is not IBC or IBS. It was a tote I purchased from Costco so it likely isnt Food Grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger L.
Hello and welcome DaSoul. I also have a basement system. A couple of things I have learned, if the fish tank is on the floor it needs to be insulated from the concrete and T5 lighting is not good enough. Both these lessons I learned the hard way. Raising a fishtank with 175 gallons of water is no easy feat. The extra money on lighting is better spent up front than replacing insufficient lighting later. Also buy the food grade IBC. look online to find someone who sells them or get them from a food manufacturing sight. Anything that hauled fuels or insecticides I would definitely stay away from.
Thanks for the information if T5 isn't good enough what type of lights do you recommend for lighting in the basement. Those lights are very well reviewed on Amazon and I am surprised that you would say it wouldn't be enough. I'm probably going to start with growing greens at this time so there is that.

Thanks,

Scott