I am planning a greenhouse aquaponics system and am still in the design (and information-gathering) stage. I have ideas about what I want to do, but the more I read (and watch on youtube) the more questions I have.

My biggest concern is whether to go with just grow beds and a tank, or whether to add a sump into the system. I'd prefer it to be the easiest build possible, including maintenance, but I also want to have a successful system without having to change things around too much later.

I am perusing the various threads here to see what I can learn, but it will be hard to remember which forum/thread I've replied in to return and find answers within those long-existing ones. I am hopeful some of you kind folks will indulge me and offer some tips/pointers/recommendations here.

Oh, does anyone see any reason why a galvanized stock tank should NOT be used as a fish tank? The one I'm eyeballing (but have not yet purchased) would really fit the dimensions of my greenhouse and aquaponic system plan (it's about 275-300 gallons).

Thanks!!
Nancie