Hello all! After coming across a 'Growing Power' video on u tube, aquaponics has become a bit of an obsession for me. With all the GMO food out there, I am determined to get to a point where I can grow enough food to sustain me & my family. I would like to have an aquaponics set up with tilapia that can run year round. Our whether here ranges from -30c in winter to +30c in summer, give or take a bunch. So I built a 14' x 18' greenhouse and plan on building a pond partially below ground and partially above ground built with cinder blocks. I want to build a rocket mass heater and after running the duct through the mass (cob) decrease the duct to 4" and run it around the pond through the cinder blocks. I plan to put dampers in so I have control of the heat running through both the mass & the pond, just the mass, or just the pond. There will be four 2' x 8' grow beds using auto syphons for the flood & drain cycle. I would love some feedback, especially with heating the pond with the mass heater.
By the way, I was really happy to find this site for both the info and the many other people out there obsessed as well!
Cheers, Christine