Hi, all! this is my first post. I'm currently studying in New Mexico at the Earthship Academy. For those who don't know what earthships are, they are radically self reliant, off the grid homes using many technologies integrated together eliminate utility costs almost entirely. My plan is to build a simple survival model earthship, with rainwater catchment, filtered through botanical cells and then into a tilapia pond, and then recycled back into the planters to create an aquaponics system. I know that some earthships have featured rainwater fed tilapia ponds, but as far as I know they haven't experimented much with aquaponics. It seems like it should be very easy to integrate the earthship greywater planters into a cycle with a tilapia pond, but I have a few questions to start on this path.

My floor plan currently would ideally have an 8 foot deep, 2 foot radius cylindrical tank at one end of my planters (750 gallons)

My very brief research implied I needed more length than depth to get proper water flow.

Is there any way of making a tank of this shape and orientation work with proper pump placement???

any advice?

here is a floorplan, the tilapia pond will go where the toilet is indicated on the drawings. I will be doing a composting toilet rather than septic.
Image resized by admin. Please refrain from posting graphic of such large sizes.