Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
As to your question on another post this morning, you may not have enough bio-filter to support a larger amount of fish.

As to plants, it is too early for there to be any plants in your grow beds, for there are not enough nutrients to support them. Wait until your Nitrates are around 10 to 20 ppm before planting, otherwise, you will experience what you have experienced.

You must have patience for nature is on its own time schedule.

Oliver

I realize that I may need more grow bed, but I am running out of space. I am using a 14" bio filter to filter the water in the tank, I noticed when I started using it my water looked much clearer. I had posted earlier that I was going to remove it but decided against it. I respect your guidance with my system but, when I was researching this to start building, the information I found then said to start cycling my system with just water then add plants then add fish in that order. So I have plants in the grow beds and have for some time now. My plants, as mentioned earlier, were doing ok but slightly yellow, the seaweed with iron seems to be working well for that. So I am at a dilemma, sort of, I cannot afford to start over and I need this to produce. All of the advice I have been getting so far has been great and I appreciate all of it. I guess what I need right now is, what is my next step to ensure healthy plants, fish and most importantly bacteria?