Hi Urbanfarmer, and all,

I did the same thing with with growing green water last year to help feed my baby tilapia.

I used 5 gal water bottles in my green house, and would siphon out 1/2 of a bottle, and pour that into a 55gal fry tank every day. and did 2 fry tanks a day... then refill the bottles with FT water....

So far, I have not done that this year, because of being busy with several other projects, and its very early in the breeding season.....

I have been planing to get some 330gal IBC's to build a green water growing setup, and then pump green water into 10 55gal fry grow out barrels that will be a part of my outside system, and am wandering how this will effect the rest of the outside system. I don't want the rest of the system to go green, and only plan to pump a gal or so at a time into the 10 fry barrels, perhaps 4-5 times a day to help feed the fry......

When i thin out the fry runts, i feed them to the catfish, so i don't want to use so much store bought tilapia fry food, just to feed the catfish fresh baby fish, and think this is a good way to feed them, along with a egg yolk, yeast, and flour mixture that i make up, and then supplement that with fry food......

what do you all think about this plan....? what would you do different....?

RS