Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Dying fish and Yellow vegies

You can feed them a little. That ammonia is very low and you will want a little bit to produce to move the process along.

How big are the fish? The size of the fish will determine an adequate feeding schedule. Fish are all too commonly overfed. Some fish will continue eating when their stomachs are full and they will poop out undigested food. It's the same as having overfed and having the food float around. It will produce tons of ammonia; so, be careful.

Are you getting feeder goldfish from the store? That may be the problem. You bought sick fish, which is not all that uncommon. They don't take care of them because they consider them the swimming dead just waiting to be purchased and fed to another pet.

Members

My fish average 5 - 6 ", they are very much well and swimming. I have 16 Commit goldfish, sister to Koi, they are very healthy, i may be feeding them too much. I started with 1/2 oz morning and night then after a week went 1 oz. After I read your post earlier I didn't give them dinner, figured I would wait till breakfast and go back to 1/2 oz.

Ya, if everything was fine at 1/2 oz I would stick with that until you get a handle on things. Those are some adult fish; so, they shouldn't need nearly as much food since they won't be growing all that much compared to something like Tilapia of that size. Or maybe I'm just starving my poor fish!

Members

These fish will get to about 14" when they become adults. Their not little goldfish.