Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: New to Aquaponics!

i go up to detroit occasionally from work.. lots of places to get fish around there!

Members

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    mbrown how is the progress on your set up it's cycled by now?

Everything seems to be doing very well today. I am having an issue with my circulation pump, not the one for my grow beds, I use a 1400 gph fish tank pump to just create a current in my tank and add to the aeration. It seems to be slowing down, I cleaned it but no change. It is only about 3 weeks old thought it might last longer. I will have to figure something else out. My plants have turned green again, they look really good. Thanks to all of you for the support.

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum...

You may alraedy have a little bio slime growing on the walls of your pipes...or maybe a pice of plant or small fish got blown into your pipe (?)

OUICK...start a post in 'backyard systems' and share some pictures...JCO is holding his breath, his eyes are bulging, and he's turning funny colors...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    Hi Mark, welcome to the forum...

You may alraedy have a little bio slime growing on the walls of your pipes...or maybe a pice of plant or small fish got blown into your pipe (?)

OUICK...start a post in 'backyard systems' and share some pictures...JCO is holding his breath, his eyes are bulging, and he's turning funny colors...
    I actually had a fish in a pipe last week, but only for a day. I added screens to all my outlets so that don't happen again.