Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The farm

Re: The farm

Quote Originally Posted by JCO
    I just took a job driving an 18 wheeler. Back on the road again after all these years. Had to do something to keep a roof over my families head.

Get this, I have to pay $30. bucks a week for Workmen's Comp Ins. even though, if I get permanently injured on the job, I can't draw anything because I would have to have been 65 or younger when the accident happened and even then, they wouldn't pay me anything past the age of 70.

Either way, I'm 68 now so, even though I have to pay for it, it would never pay me anything if I'm permanently disabled.

Anyway, if you decide to get together and I'm in town where I can make it, I'll be there.
    I guess you're in a union because typically you should be able to opt out of such things!

I guess at this point we're waiting on David to tell us when he's ready to "show" the place! Then we can try to pick a date!

Nope, no union...just company policy for independent contractors.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

These are some pimento peppers...'apples'. I started them in 4 inch pots....some got a little azomite and some didn't...can you tell which ones did ?

A few weeks ago...I rinsed off as much dirt as I could before putting them into the media beds. They didn't seem to miss a beat. They were growing more within 2 days....I love, that there is almost no transplant shock in an aquaponic system..

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan