Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toxin from GM crops found in human blood

Say it's not so.....

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story ... 37728.html

How many decades did it take, 'just' to stick a warning label on a pack of cigarettes ?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Re: Toxin from GM crops found in human blood

This is why I don't eat my vegetables...

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    Say it's not so.....

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story ... 37728.html

How many decades did it take, 'just' to stick a warning label on a pack of cigarettes ?

OK so they found the Cry1Ab toxin in human blood, is there a study that shows this is harmful to humans? Alot of us have eaten GMO foods for years, and were still kickin'. Not to make light of the study, but how many pesticides did we consume before GMO's? It's gettin' to be so we won't be able to eat anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cedarswamp
    OK so they found the Cry1Ab toxin in human blood, is there a study that shows this is harmful to humans? Alot of us have eaten GMO foods for years, and were still kickin'. Not to make light of the study, but how many pesticides did we consume before GMO's? It's gettin' to be so we won't be able to eat anything anymore.
    If you're my age, we'll probably have all kinds of fancy technology to cure anything when the toxin has accumulated enough to cause damage. If you're in your 60's or older, you probably won't live long enough to care because you won't get enough in your system. But, if you're in your 40's, you're just screwed.

Members

Now that there is funny UF!
    I'm concerned about kids and grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    Now that there is funny UF!
    I'm concerned about kids and grandkids

I personally think processed foods pose more of a health hazard to humans than GMO's. I do think GMO's may pose a threat as to the sustanability of non GMO stocks though.

Members

There is no arguement about processed foods. The concern about Bt is that they were sure it could not be absorbed into the system. What else are they are so sure is safe, what else have they not tested properly or misrepresented?

If your grandparents couldn't buy it, don't eat it. Actually, if My grandparents couldn't eat it, don't. I'm on a no-white diet. If its white, don't eat it. (pink don't count :->).

Avoid corn oil and high fructose corn syrup especially. Dismiss the myths about palm oils. Propaganda by the corn board.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

There is no arguement about processed foods. The concern about Bt is that they were sure it could not be absorbed into the system. What else are they are so sure is safe, what else have they not tested properly or misrepresented?
    Don't mind me, I've been ticked off since the told me peanut butter causes cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by cedarswamp
    Don't mind me, I've been ticked off since the told me peanut butter causes cancer.
    Aflatoxins. It is true. The GMO peanut butter is actually safer than the non-GMO peanut butter. That is actually the extent of my knowledge on the topic, and I love peanut butter, so... I will take the risk with GMO! (I can eat half a jar in one sitting... I'm so dead)

I want to eat healthier and safer food, but what food would those be?!? I know if I grow it it's safe... that's about it...