Well since we have a Big Al I thought I should be the Big John

I have a 10x12 Greenhouse and want to dedicate it to AP. I first thought I would start with IBC containers for fish, but finding known clean ones for a reasonable price has been difficult. I really like the Ferrocement tanks that Stucco is using and I may end up going that direction, not sure on the cost though, after adding the epoxy paint the cost may be up there also.

So here are my current options and cost estimates

1. Build an 11.5' x 2' x 2' box from lumber that I have all ready and purchase a pvc liner for around $100.00, apx 700g
2. Have a chance to purchase 3 87 gallon tubs at about $20.00 ea, apx 250g
3. I have a 4' x 3' cement pipe that I could use with the addition of a PVC liner for around $75.00, apx 285g
4. 110g stock tanks at $65.00, could start with two and expand later.

The first two options could fit inside the greenhouse, the third could go outside and be mostly buried in ground.

I would like to start with about a 200g system with the room to grow, option 1 could be built but only filled part way to meet that.

The growbeds I am planning on building from lumber with a PVC liner also.

I am in Northern California in the Sacramento area, we have temp swings from freezing in the winter to 105 in the summer. Looking at keeping catfish, Blugill or perch.

looking for direction

Thanks

Big John