Has anyone tried this? Plenty of research on the topic, but I don't have a microbiology lab nor is my microscope even unpacked from the recent move...

Definitely a GREAT VALUE...

Green phytoplankton ready to be plundered...

Tank shot, basic setup 1x 100 Watt 6500K CFL light (also great value, LOL)

Another tank shot...

Tilapia will worship this like it was God...

Ammonia and Nitrite THROUGH THE PROVERBIAL ROOF!!!

(Nitrite LEFT | Total Ammoniacal Nitrogen RIGHT)

CONSIDERATIONS
Well, I am planning to let the green water sit overnight before adding any fish. I assumed there might be a high level of ammonia and nitrite in the water because the culture tank has been sitting in the dark for several days. If I leave the light on while letting it sit, it should absorb a good bit of the toxins and keep the water oxygenated so the bacteria can continue to work. I added about 4 gallons of concentrated green water and diluted with about 3 more gallons of dechlorinated water. I'm not sure if there is a diminishing return on algae growth as the concentration saturated per unit volume, but I assumed yes. I believe the water will become more saturated with algae overnight and I will test the water quality again prior to adding fish.

EXPERIMENT DESIGN
The experiment will be quite simple. I will have 2x 10 gallon tanks stocked with the same amount of water and the same amount of Blue Tilapia (Oreochromis aureus) fingerlings. I currently have 50x 1.5" Tilapia fingerlings and I will divide them between the 2 tanks. The green water tank is shown above and the other tank will simply be filled with dechlorinated tap water. The temperature will be maintained at 86 degrees Fahrenheit in both tanks via submersible aquarium heaters. The green water tank will not have any aeration added unless it is determined that the fish require a higher level of dissolved oxygen (if the majority of fish are observed at the surface due to low dissolved oxygen). I would prefer to simulate a low-tech, low maintenance situation for the green water tank.

I should weigh the Tilapia fingerlings to have roughly the same starting biomass in both tanks, but again, all my stuff is packed up so I will eyeball it.

The fish will be fed the same amount of high protein AquaMax 300 (ground up) per feeding. I would like to have a strict regime of feeding at specified times and quantities, but I'm going to eyeball it and feed whenever I can. This simulates the hobbyist situation more realistically anyway, but will be an added variable to consider albeit controlled via the control group.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thank you davidstcldfl for providing the fish food.

...................................FEEDBACK? COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS?