Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: Hello from Incline Village, NV

ok, you win for sucky weather, but we're a close second! wettest april and may since they've kept records.. only a couple days in the 60's, and i think 1 in the 70's so far!
    rain expected at least till friday

Members

their is a trout hatchery on the way to pyrimid lake.

Members

Been raining off and on sense Sunday here on the Western Slope of the Sierras, today looks better though. Hoping for some warmer weather for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoop
    Been raining off and on sense Sunday here on the Western Slope of the Sierras, today looks better though. Hoping for some warmer weather for sure.
    Hey J...just seeing now you are my neighbor just don the hill. I am heading down to Grass Valley to see the kids. My oldest turns 15 tomorrow!

Do you mind if I ask about your setup? What kind of fish do you use? I have access to trout from local fisheries, but would really rather have catfish or golden perch.

Lets chat some time!

Members

Hi, I'm down the hill from you in Carson City. I'm just getting started. So far I have a 150 gal stock tank for my fish tank, and will be picking up 6 blue barrels this week for grow beds.

I'm also interested in sourcing fish and haven't been able to locate anything nearby, so if you find something local please let me know! The state hatchery I called said they don't sell to the public. I found this place in Chico, CA http://www.proaqua.com/?cf=pricelist, but they have a min $300 order, but maybe some of us could split an order? But I'd rather find somewhere closer! I also have a neighbor who's planning to start a small system.

Sonia

Sonia,

Yeah, getting fish is going to be a problem. I am looking around and will let you know how it goes. $300 is a lot of fish!

Love to see your system come online. I will be posting pics in a new thread as I get going.

E