have corrected the irrigation on the buckets, found out if the water passes through the buckets constantly there is not a die out problem with the fish. i had been watering them once a day and then the concentrated and possibly anerobic run off from sitting in the drain tubes and pipes would run into the biopond and i would loose goldfish. that appears to be corrected.

i have to add about 150 gallons per week because of plant useage, evaporation, and three dogs. i would guess the dog part is somewhere between 25-30gals per week judging by what they drink in the house 50-50 inside outside dogs.

i believe this outdoor garden has been a success, it certainly has told me a lot about the limitations and needs of the garden. in september (usually the hottest month) i will start transitioning to winter crops. i will start intermingling winter crop seedlings, (winter squash, salad greens, and cabbage family crops) in with the summer crops so they will be in place when the others die out in november-december.