I decided to use the growbeds to grow fruits and fruit bearing vegetables: melons, strawberries, blueberries, bell peppers, and okra. I will use the soil pots to grow a variety of herbs, green beans, okra, and eggplants.

I want to take advantage of the nutrient profile of worm castings, which easily allows trace mineral intense crops such as blueberries to grow. http://www.pollardworms.com/where_to_buy_worm_castings/

An aquaponics based vermiponics system also provides optimal drainage, preventing plants with soft fibrous roots such as blueberries from developing root rot.

The indoor environment will also provide protection for more delicate plants, such as melons.

I also want to have a chance to eat my berries and veggies before the insects do.

I am also stumped as to what to do once winter hits. Temperatures can get below zero in my sun room, and my folks aren't too keen about bringing the system indoors. I'm not planning on growing crops during the winter, but I do want my worms to survive. Installing a water heater to the system, and lining the outsides of the barrels with insulating material such as old sweaters and blankets should do the trick, correct?