The sun room is also my bike workshop- pretty neat place if only it had enough insulation.

UPDATE

- I decided to scrap the bell siphon mechanism, and go with timers, mainly because in Toronto, timers are cheaper than PVC pipes. That, and the system is indoors- not subject to the rigors of outside weather. It also me to not run the pump continuously, therefore allowing for savings in power. Only problems I can think of is the worm castings not being expelled from the system effectively, which could pose a threat for the worms. Of course, the plants above will be using the nutrients, so that might offset the toxicity, but is it still enough? Clogging of the drain hole will also screw up timing, which would therefore require periodic cleaning of said hole, as well as employing a long drain interval to ensure nearly all the water gets drained.

I'm also wondering if it is really important in a vermiponics system like this, to not have the top layer of rocks get wet? Would I risk an algal bloom if the top layer of rocks were wet? Cyanobacteria, which is mainly responsible for algal blooms, do reside in any conceivable environment, but are mostly situated in aquatic environments involving fish. Hence, with a system dealing only with worms, the risk of algal blooms is negligible, right?

Anyhoos, I got everything I needed except for the 3/4 inch gravel and plants, and I will be posting up vids on Monday hopefully.