The bad news is that I'm still lurking around here and watching you all, the good news is that what's left of my aquaponics garden is still trying to figure out if it wants to grow or if it wants to just tease me and then die off too . The three bush bean plants that survived my salt treatment are growing beans on them. We've got about 3 or 4 tiny beans on two of the plants, and the other one has flowers Most of the lettuce is dead, I've got two spindly little two-leafers that can't decide whether they want to live or die, the watermelon is about the same, the squash looks like two of the plants might soon have some blossoms, but they are mighty small plants ..... tomatoes seem to be the only plants that weren't bothered by the salt, so I planted more ..... the wife has some peppers started to plant in the empty spaces ..... I replanted some cukes and they're coming up, but my gurgling autosiphon quit working - I can only surmise that there is some algae/gunk inside the PVC that's not letting the siphon break, I'll have to change to Jeff's flexible hose idea (so I can clean it when it gets full of gunk) and see if that makes a difference ........ I replaced all my dead fish with guppies, and my three P. Acutus crawdads (we haven't gotten a 'for sure' ID on them yet, because they're all females) and I think the crawdads have caught about half of the guppies already ..... I'm going to sell the crawdads on aquabid, because I've got 5 Marmorkrebs coming, and since they aren't caniballistic, i'll be able to have them in the tank and they can
breed/berry/whatever to their heart's content for a while. I'll replace the guppies with some Endler's Livebearers (badflash says they don't eat their young like guppies do), and let them breed to their heart's content also. Soon, I should have lots of fertilizers for my plants ........ I've got to get some more gurglers built so that I can see if it will work with three levels of grow-beds.
So far, All is not lost !