Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Members

Re: Have Flowers, No fruit

Ground up peeler fid for adult tilapia is what I feed my tilapia fry they seemed to like it

Hm, I will try a different food then. Picky little #@$%ers...

Members

Pellet feed lol my phone just totally typoed lol

Members

Have you tried feeding them egg???? '

NOPE! Raw or cooked? Just the whites I guess?

Members

Look up how to feed eggs to guppy fry there's alot about it

Members

Yeah I've heard it works well lol

Members

So I did that and a day or two after I had a lot more tomatoes! (Havent been here in a while..) I crushed them to nearly dust and took the pH which was still a little below neutral.

I have an aquaponics paper due in 4 days which needs the overall mass of the cherry tomatoes. None of them are red or even close to ripening. I have a lot of regular-sized tomatoes that are growing in size and more to come but like I said, none are red

What should I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by 123abct
    So I did that and a day or two after I had a lot more tomatoes! (Havent been here in a while..) I crushed them to nearly dust and took the pH which was still a little below neutral.

I have an aquaponics paper due in 4 days which needs the overall mass of the cherry tomatoes. None of them are red or even close to ripening. I have a lot of regular-sized tomatoes that are growing in size and more to come but like I said, none are red

What should I do now?
    It depends, what is your paper on exactly?

If you have run into a deadline, then you may have to just harvest and weigh. It may or may not affect the results of your paper significantly... but that depends what your paper is on...

Members

be careful feeding egg, it is a perfect grow medium for bacteria. i fed egg yolk to all of the tropical fish fry that i raised it is a wonderful source of nutrition. don't feed the egg white (save the arguements about nutrition). depending on your set up you can feed the egg yolk hard boiled and pulverized dropping in only what they can eat in a fairly short period of time. (i never have figured out this 3 minute or 5 minute limit rule someone came up with in the dark ages of aquarium keeping) i always allow a lot more time then that. usually up to an hour. you will have to test that for yourself. i don't like feeding starving fish in a feeding freenzy and thats what you end up with limiting their eating time it creates a great dispariety in growth and size.
    you can buy bakers pure powdered egg yolk. it's large quantities (25lb bags) and unused portion must be kept in the freezer or at least refrigerated. this is sprinkled on top of the water.
    the way i fed it to the fry was to place the fry in large white plastic bowls, egg yolk made into a paste, being a combination of hard boiled yolk, raw yolk (as a binder and adheasive), and with or without powdered egg yolk. i would stick the paste to the sides of the bowls and no matter what the species of fry they would go to it and pick it off. this is labor intensive but produced the fastest growth.
    there is a product by OSI called APR (artificial plankton and rotifer) that was developed for the shrimping industry, for feeding the young shrimp. it has appetite enhancers in it. it too can be sprinkled on top of the water or mixed with raw yolk to for a past or small balls. it comes in quart cans.